View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001279||GeoSetter||Image Data||public||2015-10-18 14:02||2017-05-16 22:50|
|Platform||Windows||OS||2008 R2||OS Version|
|Product Version||3.4.51 beta|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001279: Issue Syncing Data - Geosetter Not Reading NMEA Correctly|
|Description||I have some large nmea files ~3MB and under.|
When selecting a file (using the synchronize geo data) the report only show tracks upto 67.
If I open the single nmea file in tracks. It expands out to the following
Noname 1 - 1 67 Points 2.9km
Noname 1 - 2 18298 Points 241km
Visually, the entire nmea file loads and I can see my trip, start to finish ~244km
|Steps To Reproduce||Load up attached nmea file under tracks (Its a sample of the much larger one)|
You will see two sub-tracks 1-1 and 1-2
Where track 1-1 ends is where the search for a geo-match when using the synchronize geo data icon.
|Additional Information||The GPS logger is a RealTek RBT2300, recording every 2 sec's.|
I've used this logger before and have put over 100K images through Geosetter. Not sure why its giving me trouble now...I did lower the recording interval to every 2 seconds.
Also, converting to GPX, KML makes no difference.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
1.nmea (9,222 bytes)
I've been looking at the nmea data and there is a problem with my logger (its changing dates halfway through the log).
Therefore this issue is not a GeoSetter issue, but a data issue on my side.
Also, I have another question. What does GeoSetter do when it see nmea logs with invalid checksums, does it ignore whole line, or ignore the checksum and process as normal.
The reason I ask is that I will manually need to correct the nmea files. I can rewrite the checksum using gpsbabel, but it will drop a decimal place off the original data (from 4 to 3) so I loose some lat/log resolution.